Bobby started the journey of stardom for Rishi Kapoor. It’s the final love story for a lot of generations of Indians. Listed here are some details about this romantic musical blockbuster that may tickle some and torment others.
1. Raj Kapoor didn’t make Bobby to launch his son Rishi Kapoor. From the outset the movie’s focus was on the movie’s main girl and, nicely, Rishi was welcome to climb on board. However he acquired no particular remedy. His dad was busy specializing in the feminine lead.
2. 15-year previous Dimple Kapadia was Raj Kapoor’s pal Chunnilal Kapadia’s daughter. He selected her after auditioning quite a few different ladies together with Rishi’s future spouse Neetu Singh and Pakistani singer Nazia Hassan.
3. Shailendra Singh who was chosen to be Rishi Kapoor’s voice was Raj Kapoor’s alternative. He needed a totally new voice for Rishi. Nevertheless it was Lata Mangeshkar all the best way for Dimple.
4. Lataji was 40 when she sang for 15-year previous Dimple. Earlier than Bobby she had stopped all communication with Raj Kapoor and he or she had not sung for him in any respect in his earlier movie Mera Naam Joker. One of many components for its failure in response to Raj Kapoor was the absence of his muse’s voice. Bobby needed to be made with Lataji’s voice, or by no means. It was music composers Laxmikant-Pyarelal who led to reconciliation between Raj Kapoor and Lata Mangeshkar.
5. The position that Aruna Irani performed, of the virgin-boy Rishi Kapoor’s seductive sexually savvy pal, was written for Rekha. She didn’t do the position as she discovered it secondary. Later after a few years Rekha acquired an opportunity to be directed by Raj Kapoor in Dharam Karam.
6. There’s a scene in Bobby the place Aroona Irani catches Rishi rising from the lavatory bare. He was truly nude whereas doing the scene. Ranbir Kapoor too did a nude shot in his debut movie Saawariya.
7. Bobby initially had a tragic ending with the lovers drowning themselves. However distributors threatened to drown themselves if RK didn’t change the ending. Thus a blissful finale was pressured on Raj Kapoor’s model of Romeo & Juliet. Shakespeare should have rolled his eyes.
Extra Pages: Bobby Box Office Collection