Windows Error 0x80070057 is said to Windows Update, Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 and Backup & Restore packages.
This error could seem whereas checking for up to date Windows Updates, connecting Microsoft Exchange Server by way of Microsoft Outlook 2010, backing-up information to a USB Hard Disk Drive or copying information to a Memory Card. The sources of the error are “SoftwareDistribution” folder, downside with Outlook Profile, lack of operational reminiscence and out of date registry entries.
1. Rename “SoftwareDistribution” Folder
2. Repair the Registry
3. Set up a New Profile
4. Increase the Size of Virtual Memory
5. Free Up the Disk Space
Rename “SoftwareDistribution” Folder
Windows Error 0x80070057 could seem as a result of downside with the “SoftwareDistribution” folder. This folder is utilized by Windows Updates service. Thus that you must initially flip this service off to rename this folder.
Steps are as under:
1. Click Start | Run.
2. Type Services.msc and press ENTER.
3. Right click on the service referred to as Automatic Updates.
4. Select Stop choice to abort the service.
5. Click Start| Run.
6. Type %SystemRoot% and press ENTER.
7. Right click on the SoftwareDistribution folder and choose Rename choice.
8. Rename it as SoftwareDistribution.OLD
9. Repeat Steps 1 to three above.
10. Select Start choice.
Obsolete Registry Entries
Windows Error 0x80070057 could seem as a result of registry entries referring to information and DLLs that not exists. This is a typical explanation for the issue.
You want to make use of a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software program and carry out full system scan. Then, restore the registry and take away out of date registry entries.
Set up a New Profile
Problem with the present profile in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 could end in Windows Error 0x80070057. You need to create a brand new profile as proven under:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Press F3 key.
3. Type Mail within the Search Box on the proper hand facet on the Title Bar.
4. Press ENTER.
5. In the brand new dialog, click on Show Profiles button below Profiles body.
6. Click Add button.
7. Enter a reputation in your new profile.
8. Click OK button.
9. In the brand new wizard Add New Email Account, mark the checkbox named Manually configure server settings or further server varieties.
10. Click Next button.
11. Select Microsoft Exchange choice from the Choose Email Service web page.
12. Click Next button.
13. Enter the identify of your Exchange Server from the Microsoft Exchange Settings web page.
14. Verify the consumer identify is appropriate.
15. Click Next button.
16. After the brand new profile is efficiently created, click on Finish button.
17. Click OK button within the Mail dialog field.
18. Click Start | All Programs | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Increase the Size of Virtual Memory
While performing some duties the entire reminiscence of your RAM could turn out to be inadequate. In such circumstances, Windows makes use of Virtual Memory function. However, much less dimension of Virtual Memory could lastly end in Windows Error 0x80070057.
You may have to extend the scale of Virtual Memory as under:
1. Right click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
2. Click Advanced System Settings hyperlink.
3. Click Advanced tab.
4. Click Settings button from Performance tab.
5. Click Advanced tab.
6. Click Change button below Virtual Memory body.
7. Uncheck the field named Automatically handle paging file dimension for all drives.
8. Select your system drive, for instance, drive C.
9. Click Custom Size field.
10. Enter a quantity higher than the present Virtual Memory.
11. Click Set button to verify.
12. Click OK | OK | OK.
13. Restart the pc for the modifications to take results.
Free Up the Disk Space
Low disk house could result in issues performing the duties performed by your working system. Windows Error 0x80070057 could seem as a result of lack of required free disk house. Hence, you’re beneficial to delete the unneeded stuff out of your onerous disk.