- You possibly can block undesirable textual content messages on an Android cellphone by blocking the quantity with only a few faucets.
- You possibly can block numbers from inside your textual content messaging app, however the actual course of depends upon which app you employ.
- If you cannot discover the choice to dam, you’ll be able to set up the Google Messages app and use that app as an alternative.
- To dam a message, choose it and select “Particulars” from the menu, then select “Block & report spam.”
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Whereas it is unlawful for companies to ship you unsolicited textual content messages, that definitely would not cease many spammers from sending you undesirable textual content messages.
If you’re routinely pissed off by texts from the identical recipient you don’t need, you’ll be able to block messages from that quantity.
Try the merchandise talked about on this article:
The way to block textual content messages on Android
The placement of the block messages command varies relying on which Android cellphone you could have and which model of the working system is put in.
Most apps work just like the Google Messages app, which is the inventory Google app on sure telephones (equivalent to Google Pixel telephones). You possibly can observe these steps to seek out the choice in your individual app, or you’ll be able to set up Google Messages from the Google Play retailer and set it as your default messaging app while you wish to block texts, then swap again to your most popular texting app while you’re performed.
You possibly can swap forwards and backwards shortly between Google Messages and your most popular messaging app shortly and as usually as you want.
1. Begin the Messages app and faucet a message that you just wish to block.
2. Faucet the three-dot menu on the prime proper of the display screen.
3. Within the drop-down menu, select “Particulars.”
4. On the Particulars web page, faucet “Block & report spam.”
5. On the pop-up, select whether or not you wish to report the textual content messages as spam. Should you do, examine the field for “Report spam.” That is elective, although – you’ll be able to clear the checkbox for those who do not wish to report the messages. Faucet “OK” to dam all future messages from this sender.
The way to unblock textual content messages on Android
Should you’ve blocked textual content messages and later resolve you wish to begin receiving messages from this sender once more, you’ll be able to unblock with only a few faucets.
1. Within the Messages app in your Android, faucet the three-dot menu on the prime proper of the display screen.
2. Within the drop-down menu, faucet “Spam & blocked.”
3. Faucet the message you wish to unblock after which faucet “Unblock.”
Insider Inc. receives a fee while you purchase by our hyperlinks.